🍪 Privacy and transparency
Ananya Bhatt|February 13, 2021|best inspirational quotes|No comments
Are you looking for inspirational and funny quotes about City Light? We have compiled the best city light quotes, sayings and captions (with photos and images) to lighten your mood.
Lights are the heart of every city and light up the night. Make the streets beautiful and full of life. City lights illuminate all cities in the world and look like a planet from a high angle.
See too:The best quotes ever(Video) Woman’s 20-Year-Old Cyst Finally Gets Popped
The whole city looks colorful and with the bright lights the darkness disappears, it also symbolizes that there is always a glimmer of hope in the dark. We just have to find our light.
- "Let the city lights guide you home."
- "Baby, you and me and the city lights."
- "My heart burns for the city lights."
- "The lights of my city are like fireflies in my heart."
- "Thank you at night for bringing the city lights to life."
- "At night, the city comes to life and color." - Maria Powell
- "I'm happy to live in the City of Light". —Lailah Gifty Akita
- "Every City of Light is able to hide its dark side from all eyes."
- "There is so much beauty when your eyes are lost in all the city lights."
- "Turn on all the lights in New York City. I would still be blind if you weren't with me."
- "It was the city lights and the stars at night that inspired her to shine brighter every day."
- "The lights of a big city can make you forget the depths of your pain!!" -Riya Sharma
- "But treat coins fairly and I'll be taller than the lights of Times Square." - Puff Daddy
- "Every time you disappear into the night, remember that nothing is brighter, you are the light of the city!"
- "City lights create the perfect illusion to distract us from the true dark side of the world." - Manku
- "The most precious light is the one that visits you in your darkest hour!" – Mehmet Murat Ildan
- “There are two ways to spread the light; be it the candle or the mirror that reflects it.” – Edith Warton
- “Bright lights, big city, dreams of love. Bright lights, big city, live to run." - 30 seconds to Mars
- "Bright city lights have obscured my existence, meet me in the dark and speak to me in silence." – Trisha Paulo
- "It's been a while since I've seen a sky full of stars. Do the city lights blind us or is it a punishment for all our sins?"
- "She was the city lights, the fireflies, the candlelight and everything else that made the dark look beautiful."
- “The light has to come from within. You cannot ask the darkness to go away; You have to turn on the light. – Sogyal Rinpoche
- "Some nights I just want to chase the city lights, admit lies in the face of the harsh truth, and escape some people's hearts."
- "City lights are taking me now, it's time we never bow our heads. Don't be afraid, I really will hide and we will never be found."
- “City light looks like stars to me. Both sparkle and look beautiful from a distance, but both can burn you." – Tanisha Pati
- Let me do to you what rain does to city lights and puddles in the streets. Blurred contours that merge into an abstract canvas."
- "I love Christmas, not for the presents, but for all the decorations, lights and warmth of the season." -Ashley Tisdale
- “When the city lights come on and the sun goes down. Does your soul look down and greet the lights? Do you pretend you're stars?
- "In the lights of this city deep, the girl can get lost tonight. I find every reason to go. There's nothing here that I can hold on to... Can I hold on to you?
- "Human compassion has its limits, and we were content to let all your tragic arguments fade with the city lights behind them." - F. Scott Fitzgerald
- "I'm impressed by the silence. Also by the dark. I love the idea of city lights being a 'conspiracy' against bigoted thinking." -Terry Tempest Williams
- "I always think of my music as a city at night, like Atlanta. I see my music in lights. So far would be my experiences in Toronto at night." - Draco
- “As a child, I was as fascinated by city lights as anything else!! But growing up, I learned... that village lanterns are much more comforting.” – Ananya Dutta
- "The fight is won or lost without the witnesses: behind the lines, in the gym and on the streets long before you dance under those lights." -Muhammad Ali
- "What fascinates me about Hanukkah, the Jewish festival of lights we celebrate at this time of year, is the way its history has changed over time." -Jonathan Sacke
- “The Kansas City Lightning is as successful as few jazz musician biographies. . . This book is a great achievement; I couldn't put it down." -Henry Louis Gates
- "I went to Cincinnati. He got a taste of big cities and their bright lights. I was there until I was 18 or 19 and then I went to Detroit." -John Lee Hooker
- "Seeing the lights that are put up along the streets and these colorful lanterns called Parols that are put up in people's homes makes Christmas in the Philippines magical." - Catriona Grau
- I prefer to wonder what I'm doing here. I like city life, you know. The bright lights, the constant company, the flowing conversation. The luck of sudden money.
- “New York at night is a wonder of its bridges. When I first came to town, she took all my costumes and set them on fire, turning them into shimmering constellations of light.” —Melissa Febos
- "Red is one of the strongest colors, it's blood, it has the power of vision. That's why the traffic lights are red I think, and so are the stop signs... In fact, I use red in all my paintings .” -Keith Haring
- "Since I was a kid, I always dreamed of being a big city kid because I grew up in a very small town in northern Canada. I must say, I love the city lights at night.” —Dustin Milligan
- “I've always loved street lamps and I've always photographed them. I probably have a collection of two or three thousand pictures of them, mostly in the city at night." - Korine Harmonie
- "City lights glowing on my skin, self-reflection... red hair flashing at the intersection. Life's a green light, one star, no script, supporting cast... fresh peaches, pitted." -Bronson Action
- “If you're the type of person who waits for the 'right thing' to happen, you might be waiting too long. It's like waiting three miles for all the lights to turn green before driving." –Robert Kiyosaki
- "Our problem now is that we're so specialized that when the lights go out, a lot of people don't know what to do. But in every dystopia there's a little utopia." —Margaret Atwood
- "I look out the window and see the lights and the skyline and the people on the street running for action and love and the best chocolate chip cookie in the world and my heart does a little dance." - Nora Ephron
- "In the countryside, the darkness of night is lovely and familiar, but in a lighted city it is unnatural, hostile and threatening. It is like a monstrous vulture that hovers and bids its time." –W. Somerset Maughan
- "City lights shine below, like the stars above, a glow, a glow, I close my eyes and make a wish, darkness consumes the city. A pale black sky stares at me, someone whispers, he won't come back." – Niharika Yadav
- “Take me somewhere where we can watch the sunset fade into twilight and the city lights come to life. A place where I can share all my insecurities with you and you can hold me. For the first time, I let my walls come down on this wonderful thing called love."
- “The world flies like birds; My car flies. City lights scatter across my windshield like fragments of night. And I'm in flight The sky is a wheel, a carousel of wings, snow, steel and fire. We will ascend to heaven, we will ride scarlet horses. – Tanith Lee
- “Perhaps the most impressive qualities of San Francisco, after all, are those unexpected glimpses of the beautiful heights of the hills and the beautiful depths of the valleys. … The city lights shine like nests of diamonds in the depths of these valleys.” — Inez Haynes Irwin
- “Winter came and the city [Chicago] became monochrome: black trees against gray sky on white earth. Night fell on mid-afternoon now, especially when the blizzards came, endless prairie storms bringing the sky low, city lights reflected in the clouds. -Barack Obama
- “Bright street lamps and the bright path. The two appeared dazzling on the horizon. The bright light of the sapphire moon knocked over her reflection. The city lights looked beautiful and fragile. Long, swirling ribbons of luminescence flashed through the air with fire, filling me with comfort, brightness, and grace. The pictorial felt like a fantasy that would turn into a beautiful destination.”
- “All over the city the lights came on in the crimson blue twilight. The street lamps looked delicate and fragile, as if they might suddenly float away from their bulbs like balloons. Long, swirling bands of light, reds, greens, purples, adorned the doors of drug stores and restaurants, and Broadway's famous electric signs came to life with glowing fish, dancing figures, and bouncing fountains, all flashing like fire. Everything was beautiful. In the city's deepening sky, the first stars appeared as white and rare as diamonds. —Elizabeth Enright
If you enjoyed reading the enlightening quotes about city lights, please share them with friends and family on social media (Facebook/Pinterest/Tumblr/Instagram).
Hang tags:Quotes about city lights
- 65 phrases nothing is impossible to motivate you
No comments|June 20, 2022
- 35 ladybug quotes, sayings and phrases to inspire you
No comments|January 15, 2021(Video) How to Find Someone up to Your Standards in Your 50s | The Book of Sean
- 115 disrespect quotes to inspire you to respect others
No comments|August 7, 2022
- 60 no pain no gain quotes to motivate you to level up
No comments|June 19, 2022
About the author
I'm Ananya, a professional speaker and I love to motivate and inspire people to make their dreams come true. Share quotes, sayings and sayings from great authors to touch and improve people's lives.
add a comment
© 2023random vibration.
- About Us
- contact us
What is the quote light at the end of tunnel? ›
No matter what you're going through, there's a light at the end of the tunnel and it may seem hard to get to it but you can do it and just keep working towards it and you'll find the positive side of things.What is the quote about light in the darkness? ›
“It is better to light one small candle than to curse the darkness.” “Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness.” “Only when we are brave enough to explore the darkness will we discover the infinite power of our light.”What is the light of all lights quotes? ›
“There are darknesses in life and there are lights, and you are one of the lights, the light of all lights.”What is the brightest light quote? ›
The brightest light is invisible, it shines through your deeds and warms the Universe. The brightest light is invisible, it shines through your deeds and warms the Universe.What does the quote be the light mean? ›
It means doing things that make me feel free and peaceful, surrendering control, trusting my intuition, showing compassion and kindness to myself and others, and believing the simple truth that I am enough. It is about bringing light to the places that are dark.What goes on in the dark will come to light quote? ›
God has determined as he said in Luke 12:2-3, that the secrets will be uncovered, the truth will come forth, and God's thought about every behavior and action will be vindicated. What's done in the dark will come to light, and thank God he has created it to operate so!What does God say about being a light in the darkness? ›
John 8:12. When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”What does God say about darkness and light? ›
John 1:5. “The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.” The Good News: Regardless of how bad things may seem or how bad things could get, there's always hope.What Scripture says done in the dark comes to the light? ›
Luke 12:2-3 New Century Version (NCV)
Everything that is hidden will be shown, and everything that is secret will be made known. What you have said in the dark will be heard in the light, and what you have whispered in an inner room will be shouted from the housetops.
"As we let our light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence actually liberates others."
What is the light for life? ›
Light of Life transforms lives through the love of Christ by providing food, shelter, and hope to men, women, and children experiencing homelessness, poverty, or addiction to restore them as healthy members of our community.What is the quote about shining your light? ›
“Let your light shine so bright that others can find their way out of the darkness!”What are the quotes of night? ›
“Night is the wonderful opportunity to take rest, to forgive, to smile, to get ready for all the battles that you have to fight tomorrow.” “As the night gets dark, let your worries fade. Sleep peacefully knowing you've done all you can do for today.” “The night is more alive and more richly colored than the day.”Why is light a powerful symbol? ›
Across cultures, light is an ancient symbol of understanding and intellectual thought: it is the opposite of ignorance, or darkness. Almost universally, the dark is considered to be frightening and sinister, associated with things we cannot understand. Light is said to conquer darkness and to bring order out of chaos.What is a quality of light quotes? ›
“The quality of light by which we scrutinize our lives has direct bearing upon the product which we live, and upon the changes which we hope to bring about through those lives. It is within this light that we form those ideas by which we pursue our magic and make it realized.How do you let your light shine for God? ›
Putting yourself out there.
Jesus said, “Let your light shine before others” (Matthew 5:16a). He explained that no one lights a lamp just to hide it under a basket. A lamp is meant to be placed on a stand to give light to everything around it.
The Light of Christ is the divine energy, power, or influence that proceeds from God through Christ and gives life and light to all things. The Light of Christ influences people for good and prepares them to receive the Holy Ghost. One manifestation of the Light of Christ is what we call a conscience.What does the Bible mean by light? ›
In the Bible, light has always been a symbol of holiness, goodness, knowledge, wisdom, grace, hope, and God's revelation. By contrast, darkness has been associated with evil, sin, and despair.What you do in the dark puts you in the light quote? ›
In the second chapter of Under Armour's global “Rule Yourself“ campaign, the work comes together around the creative idea: “It's what you do in the dark that puts you in the light.” The concept speaks to the act of becoming invisible—both literally and metaphorically—with Under Armour's athletes training single- ...What does the quote without darkness there can be no light mean? ›
It frequently is when you think everything is going great that your world tumbles down. Yet, the best way to look at dark times is to understand that there are no endings but only new beginnings. So, without darkness, there is no light. Wherever you look, everything has an opposite in this universe.
What does the truth will come to light mean? ›
idiom. C2. If facts come to light, they become known publicly: Fresh evidence has recently come to light that suggests that he didn't in fact commit the murder.What is spiritual light? ›
In theology, divine light (also called divine radiance or divine refulgence) is an aspect of divine presence perceived as light during a theophany or vision, or represented as such in allegory or metaphor.Why is it important to let your light shine? ›
Matthew 5:16 tells us, Let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven. The light that shines from us is Jesus living within us. We shine so others will praise the Father and want Him in their life.What is the power of light over darkness? ›
The intensity of the light source determines the complete termination of the Darkness therein. This simple concept of light forms the fundamental understanding of the superiority and Dominion power of light. —Where there is light, no Darkness can come close.How can we be light to others? ›
Being a light to others also means responding with kindness and understanding if you come across a person who is not interested in hearing your words of encouragement. God did not teach us to force His Word upon others but to teach it gracefully and with compassion.What is darkness spiritually? ›
In the experience of religion and the church, darkness, the opposite of light, has come to mean all that separates us from God, because God is light. Light is the symbol of salvation, spiritual growth and discernment. But it can only be understood and appreciated when we contrast and compare it to the darkness.What is the light in Isaiah 60? ›
And the glory of the Lord is risen upon you: This is no earthly light; this is light that emanates from the glory of the Lord. This is like the light of Jesus in the Transfiguration, when His face shone like the sun, and His clothes became as white as the light (Matthew 17:2).What does it mean to come into the light? ›
idiom. : to become known. Other details have come to light because of this investigation. She was angry when it came to light that some people were being promoted unfairly.What did Jesus say about light? ›
In John 8:12 Jesus applies the title to himself while debating with the Jews and states: I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.What does it mean to shine your light for others? ›
What It Means To Let Your Light Shine. Being the light to others can mean a variety of things. For starters, it means being a generous and selfless person. This means you intentionally go out of your way to help others, even without the cost of expecting something in return.
Do what makes your soul shine quote? ›
Brand Strategist + Coach on Instagram: “Do what makes your soul shine! Everything you need is already within you, get silent and listen. Ask yourself: What makes my soul…”What are the 5 importance of light? ›
Light is responsible for all life, for the production of the air that we breathe, the cycles of our oceans, the magnetic fields around our planet, gravity, warmth and our weather.What is the light of the world in Bible? ›
In Matthew 5:14-16, Jesus compares his followers to light, saying we "are the light of the world," unable to be hidden. No one puts a lamp under a bowl because a lamp is designed to help people see in dark places. Christ's words and actions showed the true nature of the world around Him.What the Bible says about life and light? ›
John 8:12. "When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, 'I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.'"What is the famous line from The Shining? ›
Little pigs, little pigs, let me come in. Not by the hair on your chiny-chin-chin? Then I'll huff, and I'll puff, and I'll blow your house in. "Some places are like people: some shine and some don't."
In Matthew 5:16, the verse states the following: “Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.”What is the most important quote in night? ›
Never shall I forget that nocturnal silence which deprived me, for all eternity, of the desire to live. Never shall I forget those moments which murdered my God and my soul and turned my dreams to dust. Never shall I forget these things, even if I am condemned to live as long as God Himself.What is a simple quote about night? ›
- “I like the night. ...
- “Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.” ...
- “I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.” ...
- “The darker the night, the brighter the stars, ...
- “How did it get so late so soon?” ...
- “Each night, when I go to sleep, I die.
Sweet dreams and good night. Relax and unwind; may your dreams be kind. Rest knowing that as you sleep, you're on my mind. I hope that you are comfy and cozy in bed, ready for a wonderful night's sleep and awake feeling so rested.What is the powerful light? ›
Gamma rays are the universe's big guns. Produced by pyrotechnic events like exploding stars, pulsar bursts, or galactic cores, these rays represent light at its most energetic and powerful, and are capable of ravaging wide swaths of space like merciless cosmic steamrollers.
Which light is more powerful? ›
Since, violet light has the highest frequency. So violet light has the highest energy.Is light a form of power? ›
It can do various kinds of work. The most important work that light does is that it enables us to see things. Light can also be used to produce electricity using solar cells.What are good short quotes? ›
- Keep smiling, because life is a beautiful thing and there's so much to smile about. - ...
- Life is a long lesson in humility. - ...
- In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. - ...
- Love the life you live. ...
- Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all. -
Be the bearer of the light of love.” “Let us walk with the light of love on the path toward peace.” “Be the light of love to enlighten the whole world.” “Light, no matter how little, is enough to kick out the darkness.”What are the phrases about light? ›
- Guiding light. 'A guiding light' is someone who has had an important influence on you. ...
- Give the green light. Speaking of travelling, you might also hear the phrase 'give the green light. ...
- Light at the end of the tunnel. ...
- Light years. ...
- Sparks will fly. ...
- Out like a light.
The phrase comes from the idea of being in a pitch-black tunnel and suddenly seeing your way out to a beautiful destination. The common phrase dates back at least to the 1880s, from what I can tell. It was popularized by President John Kennedy in the mid-1960s, referencing the Vietnam war.What does the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train mean? ›
Sometimes, people joke that the light at the end of the tunnel is actually the light of an oncoming train. The idea behind this is to make an optimistic expression more negative. This phrase is also common as a euphemism for the end of one's life.Is seeing the light at the end of the tunnel a metaphor? ›
The phrase the light at the end of the tunnel is a metaphor used to refer to signs that a long period of adversity is coming to an end.Who said the light at the end of the tunnel is not an illusion? ›
“I have always believed that the light at the end of the tunnel is not an illusion; the illusion is the tunnel itself.”What is the meaning behind light? ›
Light is knowledge. Purity and morality are connected terms as well. The masculine principle of evolution is symbolized through light. Cosmic energy, creative force and optimism are all related to light.
What is another metaphor for light at the end of the tunnel? ›
Other Ways to Say “Light At The End Of The Tunnel”
A solution after all this time. There is always hope. See the end.
The tunnel represents Jerry's passageway from youth to maturity, a symbolic journey from boyhood to manhood. By proving himself worthy, Jerry is showing the world that he is no longer a child. In the end, Jerry's climatic swim through the dark, dangerous tunnel proves his strength and endurance.Why do trains have 3 lights? ›
Ditch lights, also known as auxiliary lights or crossing lights, are additional lights at the front and sometimes rear of a locomotive or cab car that are positioned closer to the track than normal headlights. They are used to make trains easier to spot, for safety.What does a red signal on a train mean? ›
Many other color combinations are used. Some are common, others are unique to a specific railroad. The most constant signals and the easiest to understand are single-head block signals. Red means stop; green means proceed, and yellow means caution or approach, usually indicating that the next signal is red.Why the tunnel is more important than the light at the end? ›
The tunnel is more important than the light because the tunnel helps you in the future, you experienced something new which could help someone else, and all those little and significant moments in the tunnel are the mosaics of yourself. The tunnel before the light for hardships is a little different.Is light and dark a metaphor? ›
Light and darkness can be used metaphorically to help structure good and bad in all media, but film is particularly suitable for exploiting such metaphors. On the basis of examples from three feature films, we discuss in what way the metaphor functions in general and suggest how it allows for a degree of creative play.What does it mean to see the light in a figurative sense? ›
Definition of 'to see the light'
If someone sees the light, they finally realize something or change their attitude or way of behaving to a better one.
Light is a metaphor for that which allows us to see, and to know, and to understand: who we are, who everyone else is, and what we are all doing here.Who wrote the quote what happens in the dark always comes to light? ›
Quote by Jesmyn Ward: “What's done in the dark always comes to the light.”What does the quote time is an illusion mean? ›
According to theoretical physicist Carlo Rovelli, time is an illusion: our naive perception of its flow doesn't correspond to physical reality. Indeed, as Rovelli argues in The Order of Time, much more is illusory, including Isaac Newton's picture of a universally ticking clock.
What we see is an illusion quote? ›
Painting is an illusion, a piece of magic, so what you see is not what you see. Illusion is needed to disguise the emptiness within. The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance - it is the illusion of knowledge. Time is an illusion.