A problem with a message or email can leave you out of touch, let us get it working again.
Read me first
Please check the following before selecting your suitcase:
- You recently rebooted your device. see why it mattersRestart your device regularly.
- Turn off Wi-Fi to make sure you're using data from the T-Mobile network. If you're having trouble connecting to Wi-Fi only, seeTroubleshoot Wi-Fi issues.
- intercept messageOfamily dutiesIt will not prevent you or your recipients from sending the message.
- Your device displays at least two signal bars. VerifySignal issues/troubleshooting No service.
- If you have problems with photos and e-mail, open a few web pages to see if the internet is working. if not, continueBad internet.
- Your device has at least 15% free space.
- Prepaid accounts must have account balance for SMS and MMS.
suggestion:For help with these steps, visit ourDevice tutorialSelect your device and use the search bar to find what you're looking for.
Problems with text and picture messages
- Make sure the number is entered correctly, including the country code. LookInternational callingUsed in dialing mode.
- Check that the number is not on your device's spam or block list. arriveActive message lock errorWhen you send a text message to a specific person, it means that your message block is active.
- Update the time and date on your device and enable automatic updates.
- Uninstall all downloaded messaging apps.
- Android device:
- Make sure the SMSC is set to +12063130004.
- Clear app cache toEmails and messages.
- Reset APNs to default.
- apple device:
- If the message is blue, seeiMessage information.
- If you or your contacts have an iPhone and have recently switched iPhones, turn off or unregister iMessage and FaceTime. LookApple technical support.
- Check if MMS is openset up>message> openmms.
- Reset network settingsset up>General>Restarting>Reset network settings.
- If the message is blue, seeiMessage information.
- Update your device software to the latest version.
- Remove all text threads. You can back this up beforehand using apps from the app store.
- Multimediabericht (MMS): Test sending a small image to the recipient.
- MMS is limited to 10 recipients per message.
- MMS messages may take longer to reach your mobile device than text messages.
- All networks limit the size of MMS. For T-Mobile, the maximum send size is 1 MB and the maximum receive size is 3 MB, with resolutions less than 3072 x 3072.
- The MMS message may be automatically resized when it is sent, but it may still be too large.
- If available, move the SIM card to another T-Mobile device and try sending a text message from that device to determine if it's a device or network problem.
still need help?
If you're still having problems, give us a call1-877-746-0909.It is best if you can call from a different phone than the one you are having the problem with.
- Find the steps for your email account to set up emailequipment.
- Check on your computer if you can send/receivenewemail. Otherwise, contact your email provider.
- If you use an email program such as Outlook, configure it to keep email on the server.
- Search the app store for the email provider's app.
- Some providers rely on you to use their applications to send/receive emails and attachments.
- If you have problems with only one downloaded app, please contact the app developer.
- If you're not using an email provider's app, find the following information for your provider and verify that it matches your device settings:
- e-mail address
- incoming server address
- outgoing server address
- user name
- Check your email account for 2-Step Verification. If so, follow your email provider's steps to enable or disable email on your device.
- Disable any data-saving, battery-saving, or battery-saving features or applications.
- Android device:
- Clear the cache and data of the application used for email, usually email, mail or Gmail.
- Check your device's data usage settings to see if your data is restricted.
- See for Exchange accountsset up>bill>exchange accountActivate device administrator if necessary.
- apple device: to researchset up>account and password>get new dataSettings for new emails sent to your device.
- If you usetmomail.net, make sure the email is plain text only. HTML is not supported.
- Restart the device.
- If email is still not working, remove the email account from the device.
- Add the email account again and check all the settings as you enter.
- If the problem persists, contact your email provider for email configuration and troubleshooting for the email service.
The attachment was downloaded but cannot be opened
- Check the attachment in the email for the file type.
- visitequipmentpage and checktechnical specificationsCheck the file types supported by your device.
- Search the app store for an app that can open that file type. Third-party applications support more files.
How do you troubleshoot messages? ›
Fix problems connecting to Messages
On your phone, turn your Wi-Fi off and back on. Make sure your phone and computer are connected to the internet with a strong signal. If you have connection problems, restart your phone. Make sure your phone has background data turned on for the Messages app.
Fix problems sending or receiving messages
Verify that Messages is set as your default texting app. Learn how to change your default texting app. Make sure your carrier supports SMS, MMS, or RCS messaging. See if you have signal.
- Launch the Messages app on your Android phone and tap on the menu > Settings.
- Tap on the Reset option to set all message features to default.
- Now, restart your Android phone device and try again to send a text message.
Clear the Messages App Cache
Open the Messages app menu (Settings > Apps & notifications > App info > Messages), select Storage & cache, and tap Clear Cache. Open Messages and check if it works correctly. Otherwise, clear the app's data. Select Clear Storage and tap OK on the confirmation prompt.
An error message is information displayed when an unforeseen problem occurs, usually on a computer or other device. On modern operating systems with graphical user interfaces, error messages are often displayed using dialog boxes.How do I restore my messaging? ›
Tap the triple-dot menu icon, visible in the upper-right corner of the messages screen. Select the trash bin icon. Choose the conversation you want to recover and select “Restore.”How do I reset my iMessage? ›
Reboot iMessage by going to Settings > Messages and turning off iMessage, then turn off your iPhone by pressing and holding the on/off switch, slide to power off, and then wait for your iPhone to start up again. Once you've rebooted, return to Settings > Messages and turn iMessage back on.How do I fix MMS messaging needs to be enabled? ›
Tap on Messages once you find it. Scroll to the section that has “SMS/MMS” as the header. In that section, check to see if the “MMS Messaging” switch is enabled. If the switch is to the right and is showing green, then MMS messaging is enabled.Why is my Samsung phone not letting me text? ›
To fix an Android that won't send text messages, try restarting it or checking for updates. Check if you've been blocked by the recipient, or if your carrier is having network issues. You can also try clearing the messages cache or making sure your SIM card is installed properly.How do I fix my Samsung not getting messages? ›
- Reboot Samsung Phone. ...
- Disable Airplane Mode. ...
- Check for Blocked Contacts. ...
- Ensure a Stable Network. ...
- Re-insert SIM Card. ...
- Fix System Errors. ...
- Try a Third-party Message App. ...
- Free up Samsung Space.
What is the difference between a text message and a SMS message? ›
The first and biggest thing to know about the difference between SMS and text messages is that there is no difference. SMS, or Short Message Service, is a form of text message that's sent from one device to another.How do I fix my messaging app on my Android? ›
- Open the Settings app.
- Go into Apps.
- Find the Messages app under See all apps.
- Tap on Storage & cache.
- Hit Clear Cache.
- You can also select Clear storage for a clean start.
- Tap on Google Play store.
- Tap on Search and search Messages by Google.
- Tap on the app and select Uninstall.
- Tap OK.
- Tap on Update.
- Open the Play Store, and tap your profile image at the top right.
- Choose Manage apps & device.
- Tap See details to view pending downloads. ...
- Tap Update all to update all your Android app at once, or choose Update next to any app to update just that one.
This is typically due to a mistyped password, but it can also be caused by an incorrect username, connecting to the wrong server, or blacklisting. Follow these steps to resolve the issue: Reset your email password.What are the four causes of errors? ›
Common sources of error include instrumental, environmental, procedural, and human. All of these errors can be either random or systematic depending on how they affect the results. Instrumental error happens when the instruments being used are inaccurate, such as a balance that does not work (SF Fig. 1.4).What are the three types of error messages? ›
There are three types of errors: systematic, random, and human error.How do I start messaging again? ›
Go to Settings > Messages > Turn on iMessage > Tap on OK to confirm > Toggle the Send As SMS switch to off. This will still allow you to receive text messages, but all messages you send will be forced to go as iMessages.How do I get messaging back on my iPhone? ›
- In the Messages conversation list, do one of the following: Tap Edit in the top-left corner, then tap Show Recently Deleted. ...
- Select the conversations whose messages you want to restore, then tap Recover.
- Tap Recover Messages.
You can recover deleted messages from Facebook Messenger by downloading them or checking old email notifications. You can also recover them by looking in the cache of the Messenger app, if you use Android. You can also check your archived messages or ask the person you were messaging with for a copy.
How do I refresh my Apple Messages? ›
After you turn on Messages in iCloud, your messages stay up to date automatically. If you want to make sure a new change takes effect immediately, choose Messages > Settings, click iMessage, click Settings, then click Sync Now.Why is my iMessage disabled? ›
It might take up to 24 hours to activate iMessage and FaceTime. If the issue continues after 24 hours, follow these steps: Make sure that your device has the latest version of iOS or iPadOS. If you're using an iPhone, contact your carrier to make sure that you can send and receive SMS messages.How do I clean up my Apple Messages? ›
- Swipe left across any message to delete it.
- Go to your Mailboxes and choose your Trash folder.
- To delete messages one at a time, swipe left on each message. To delete everything, tap Edit, tap Select All, and then tap Delete. Tap Delete All to confirm.
On your Android phone, Tap Settings > General management > Reset. Select Reset network settings from the given options. If necessary, you need to enter the screen unlock PIN or password to continue. Then tap Reset settings to confirm.Should SMS be on or off on iPhone? ›
Which is better for you? Most iPhone users will want to use iMessages, so long as they have a good plan that can handle the data usage. The only reason to use SMS instead of iMessage is if you're chatting with people who don't have Apple devices, or if you don't have any data on your phone.How do I fix MMS problems? ›
- Turn on Mobile Data. ...
- Reset Mobile Network. ...
- 3. Make Sure Auto-download MMS Is Turned on. ...
- Clear the Messages App's Data. ...
- Reset your APN Settings to Default.
Android. Go to the main screen of your messaging app and tap the menu icon or menu key (on the bottom of the phone); then tap Settings. If Group Messaging isn't in this first menu it may be in the SMS or MMS menus. In the example below, it's found in the MMS menu.What is the difference between SMS and MMS? ›
A text message of up to 160 characters without an attached file is known as an SMS, while a text that includes a file—like a picture, video, emoji, or a website link—becomes an MMS.Why is my Android not accepting text messages? ›
Many issues can make your Android phone incapable of sending and receiving text messages. Network-related problems majorly cause this due to lack of a cellular network, poor connectivity, or you could even have Airplane mode enabled without your knowledge.Why is my MMS not working on my Android phone? ›
If your MMS messages fail to download on an Android, it could be because the Auto-download MMS setting is incorrect. In the Messages app, tap the 3-dots menu in the top-right corner, and go to Settings > Advanced > Auto-download MMS. If the option is on, try turning it off and manually downloading your MMS message.
How do I clear cache on Samsung? ›
- 1 Go to Settings, then tap Apps.
- 2 Select the app that you want to clear the cache for.
- 3 Tap Storage.
- 4 Tap Clear cache.
Press and hold the Volume Down and Home buttons at the same time for at least 7 seconds.Is SMS a text or email? ›
SMS texts are text messages of up to 160 characters. 98% of all SMS messages are opened by the recipient. This makes SMS an attractive marketing channel over email, as only 16.9% of email messages are opened. SMS messages are often used for small talk or short, personal conversations.Is text messaging the same as I messaging? ›
SMS is available on virtually every phone and tablet in the world. iMessage on the other hand is available only on Apple devices. But one of the major differences and in fact, the most important is security. iMessage texts contain a thing called end-to-end encryption that regular SMS texts don't.How do I switch from SMS to text messages? ›
Open the Messages app . Tap the conversation with an undelivered message. Tap the timestamp of the undelivered message. Tap Switch to text (SMS/MMS).What messaging app does Android use? ›
Messages by Google - A simple, helpful text messaging app.Where is the default messaging app on Android? ›
- Open Settings .
- Click Apps.
- In the list of apps, click Messages. SMS. Messages .
Google Messages for Android is the default Messaging app.What happens if I delete and reinstall messages? ›
Answer. Uninstalling and reinstalling the Messages by Google application should not result in text messages being deleted.What happens if you delete the messaging app? ›
Deleting an App removes all associated data from the device - but shouldn't affect data on other devices. Deleting messages themselves, if synchronised via iCloud, will delete messages across devices.
What messaging app does Samsung use? ›
Enable texts across multiple legacy Samsung devices
To message across multiple devices: Open the Messages by Google app . At the top right, tap your profile photo or icon. Messages settings.
Why are there two messages apps on Samsung? Samsung smartphones typically come with two messaging apps: Samsung Messages and Android Messages. The reason for having two apps is because Android Messages is the default messaging app on many Android smartphones, including Samsung.How do I troubleshoot my iPhone Messages? ›
- Try to restart your iPhone or iPad.
- Check your network connection. ...
- Check with your carrier to see if the type of message you're trying to send, like MMS or SMS, is supported.
- If you're trying to send group MMS messages on an iPhone, go to Settings > Messages and turn on MMS Messaging.
On a mobile device, you can pull down your message list and release to refresh the content.How do I check message settings? ›
- Open the Messages app .
- Tap More. Settings. Stop notifications from other apps: Tap Notifications. Turn off All "Default settings" notifications. Get notifications on your phone from Messages: Tap Notifications. Turn on Incoming messages.
- Check if Your Internet Connection Is Working.
- Check if Messenger Is Down.
- Restart Your Phone. ...
- Update the Facebook Messenger App on Your Phone. ...
- Update Your Smartphone's iOS or Android Version. ...
- Clear Facebook Messenger's Cache (Android Only)
- Free Up Your Phone's Storage Space.
- Start the Settings app and tap Messages.
- Turn iMessage off by swiping the button to the left. ...
- Restart your iPhone, then turn it on again.
- Go back to the Settings app, tap Messages, and turn iMessage back on by swiping the button to the right.
- In Messages, tap Edit on the conversations page. If you previously turned Message Filtering on, the Edit button doesn't appear. Instead, tap Filters on the conversations page.
- Tap Show Recently Deleted .
Go to Settings > Messages, then turn on iMessage. To select the phone numbers and email addresses you want to use with iMessage, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive, then choose from the available options below “You can receive iMessages to and reply from.”How do I update my iPhone message? ›
In Messages, tap on a conversation. Touch and hold the message you want to edit. Make your edits, then tap the checkmark to finalize the message or the X to revert to the original message.
How do I clean up my text messages on my iPhone? ›
To permanently remove a message, tap Edit (or Filters) in the top-left corner, tap Show Recently Deleted (or Recently Deleted), select the messages or conversations you want to remove, tap Delete, then follow the onscreen instructions.How do I clear my cache on Messenger? ›
- Open the Settings app on your Android device and tap Apps.
- If you see Messenger in the list of recently used apps, tap it. ...
- In the App info menu, select Storage & cache.
- Tap the Clear cache option.
The main conflict in the book is that the people have voted and now are trying to close Village and Matty must try to bring back Seer's daughter Kira to Village and they must try to stay alive using Matty's special healing power.How do I open Messenger settings? ›
- Open the Messenger application on your Android device.
- Press the menu button on your phone.
- Tap the "Settings" option.
- Tap the "Alerts" item to set Alerts as "On" or "Off."
- Check the boxes next to the Facebook Messenger alerts to enable Sound, Vibration or Light alerts.